Tuesday, October 11, 2011

You know when you know

New neighbors have moved in, a nice couple from the looks of it. You can tell a lot about people based upon the stuff that comes out of a moving truck. There are the usual things like mattresses and tables and a couch or two. Most people pack away the private things. The sex toys are carefully hidden in a box marked "table linens." However, this particular couple hauled out long wooden beams. Not big enough to be part of the construction of a house or something, but big. Bigger than what the average person would need around the house.

I admit that I had to leave my computer and the latest novel to take a gander at the newbies. *twist my arm* Fine! My nose was pressed against the window, and I honestly contemplated buying a pair of binoculars. And then it happened...the answer to my prayers. One of the movers tripped and a box spilled open.

I actually yelled, "jackpot!"

Out of that box came a plethora of equipment. Handcuffs, harnesses, a rope or two, lots of chain and quite a bit of leather. Yes, my neighbors are kinky. And God bless them! Suddenly the Jones family (not their real names, of course) got interesting. The poor moving guy was appalled. He scrambled to shove everything back in the box even though the thing was smashed on one side. He was stuttering out apologies, blushing so hard his head looked like a plum, while the wife tried to help. They almost bumped heads a couple times. I felt for them both.

So now I'm wondering about what kind of house warming/welcome to the neighborhood gift I should bring them. A houseplant just doesn't seem sufficient.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment